Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Style ideas: marketplace issue

The Marketplace is great if you actually have Lindens, but unfortunately it is really limited with freebies because nobody ever updates and expects you to go in-world for the group gifts. If you go there to search for anything other than clothes (there happens to be a few places which now have great, high-quality mesh items listed under the tag "wearable demo"), you end up with pages and pages of stuff that are straight from the freebie dungeons, or group gifts from 2012 that everyone has probably seen already. That's where I come in. If you want something other than a freebie barbie look, talk to me! Usually, if you search for free hair or dress or whatever the same, most popular items come up over and over again under different sellers. I am trying my darndest to find the "underground" designers with good stuff that nobody knows about yet, or combine these popular items in original ways.


I'm really proud of this look I made. Tuty's on the Marketplace has several very natural-looking skins, one of which, "Nadia", is very hard to find hair for if you're going with the natural option. The shape is from the store By Snow and the hair is called "Maria", found in Edelstore. The outfit is from American Bazaar and the heels are by Sassy! in-world at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sassy/55/60/33 in the complete avatar kit called Jasmine. 


This look is based off Tuty's skin called "Josie". The shape is called Tigerlilly, the hair is called "Maddy" and the dress is from ALB listed under Wearable Demo.




This scary punk diva look was inspired by the awesome mesh dress I'm wearing by Corvus on the Marketplace. They have several dresses there that are excellent quality and absolutely 0L! The skin is Tuty's Josie in the "Dark" makeup tone (the free pack comes with lots of different kinds of makeup); the shape is Diva from By Snow, the shoes are by Plausible Body (with the best free latex outfits I have ever seen), and the hair is found in-world at BLACK MARIA as a group gift. Again, all groups I post cost nothing to join, because (in my opinion) it's not free if you are paying to get in!


That's all for tonight, folks! And forgive my photography skills...I've never actually attempted Second Life photography before now. 

Love,

Carrie




No comments:

Post a Comment