Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cosplay Issue #1

I really don't know why there aren't more cosplay posts. I mean cosplay is huge in Second Life! Everyone wants to be a demon or a slutty looking angel or catgirl or bipedal pony or whatever the hell you can't be in real life. If you want to be a unicorn but can't because you're broke like a lot of SL players, I am here to help you be that unicorn. If  you are a fellow Brony (I'm a 24 year old girl IRL so it's ok for me to like the show--if you're THAT judgemental) I'll be putting together pegasi and unicorn/alicorn sets that you can IM me about. By the way, this blog here isn't about judging or hating, it's about free costumes and outfits for people like me who can't stand being just a human barbie in a digital game where possibilities are limitless. So if you've come here to judge, and want to tell me about my taste personally--you WILL be blocked. You have been warned. But for people with universal minds, here's a couple cosplay ideas to start you out.

#1: Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku is a Japanese anime character hologram designed to perform concerts with a set of pipes that she uses to sing notes higher than any female singer can reach. Here is an HD performance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uOmQmM1mg4 , and here is my original costume idea for your cosplay needs:


If you are a Hatsune Miku enthusiast and have any costume suggestions for me, feel free to IM me inworld (Carynth Resident)! This is just a starter pack, all found on the Marketplace.

Hatsune Miku mesh hair by [MP]
  • Alice skin and shape by Heaven's Skin and Shape
  • Mesh dress by ShuShu (under wearable demo)
  • Curious Kitties' stockings and Mary Janes
#2: Chii-chan from Chobits

Unfortunately there are no free Chii ears on the Marketplace, so I'll have to hunt forever in-world to find them. In the meantime I have substituted her robot ears with a pair of large neko ears that I shrunk down and   rotated to fit over my ears instead of on top of my head. I must say they do look a lot like Persocom ears. 

  • Maid outfit from Plausible Body
  • Ears called Big Ears by Paws
  • Mesh hair from [MP]
  • Hovering animation by Su Voir and MrS

Happy shopping!






No comments:

Post a Comment